Topics for speech therapist and other healthcare professionals
For Speech Therapists:
- The Importance of Physiological Understanding in Dysphagia Assessment and Treatment
- Dysphagia Assessment and Treatment for specific conditions (Strokes, Neurodegenerative Diseases, Head & Neck Cancers, etc)
- Advanced Dysphagia Management
- Surface Electromyography Biofeedback (sEMG) as an Adjunct to Dysphagia Therapy.
- How to apply clinical reasoning in dysphagia assessment and treatment?
- Videofluoroscopy (VFS): How to perform, interpret and plan management?
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Examination for Swallowing (FEES): How to perform, interpret and plan management?
For Nurses / other Healthcare Professionals
- How to perform water swallow test?
- Understanding Dysphagia and It’s Management
- Swallowing Difficulties in People with Dementia
We are able conduct other trainings that are not listed above. Please contact us for further discussion.
Courses & Trainings Conducted:
- Workshops on FEES, sEMG biofeedback and CTAR at the Inaugural Congress of the Asia Pacific Laryngology Association (APLA) | 8th International Annual Conference of Laryngology & Voice Association, Singapore (1 – 3 November 2019)
- Dysphagia Assessment and Treatment Workshops and FEES interpretation Workshop organized by SI Speech Therapy, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (2016, 2017, 2018)
- NPC Support Group Talk on “Speech and Swallowing after Radiotherapy” (2014, 2015, 2018, 2019)
- Videofluoroscopy Interpretation Made Easy, Organized by SHAS (23 April 2015)
- Surface Electromyography (sEMG) Biofeedback as an Adjunct in Dysphagia Therapy, Organized by Speech Pathology Department, Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (21June2014)
- The Use of Videofluoroscopy in the Management of Complex Dysphagia Cases for SHAS Focus Group (Jan 2014)
- “Swallowing Disorders in Adults” for Speech Therapy Week 2011 Organized by SHAS at Ministry of Information, Communication and the Arts Building (2011)
- “Dysphagia Management & Introduction to Speech Therapy Services in Singapore” at FPSC 42: Integrated Eldercare Course organized by College of Family Physicians Singapore (2011)
- Medical Office Cource on Dysphagia Assessment and Management by Department of Geriatric Medicine, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital (2010)
- Understanding the Possible Side Effects of Radiotherapy on Speech, Swallowing and Voice. “What Can Be Done When It Occurs” for NPC Support Group, National Cancer Centre (May 2010)
- Workshop on Digital Swallowing Workstation and Fiberoptic Endoscopic Examination of Swallowing Organized by Department of Otolaryngology, University of Malaya, Malaysia (Dec 2009)
- Dentist Course on Speech and Swallowing Management Organized by National Dental Centre (2005)
- Medical Officer Course on Dysphagia, Dysphasia, and Dysarthria Assessment and Management Organized by Department of Rehabilitation, Singapore General Hospital (2002 and 2003)
- Medical Nursing Course for Registered Nursing Staff on Dysphagia, Dysphasia, and Dysarthria Management Organized by Department of Nursing Administration, Singapore General Hospital (2002)